Welcome to GSJC
Gishrei Shalom Jewish Congregation is a small but very active Jewish congregation affiliated with URJ, Union of Reform Judaism, the Reform movement. We are a mix of older singles, empty nesters and young families. We warmly welcome all members of the Jewish faith including interfaith and same sex families. Now in our fourth decade we provide a close, family atmosphere for Jewish observance, learning and worship.
We celebrate Jewish holidays joyously and provide family workshops, Jewish education for our children and numerous social activities. Our special celebrations include Sukkot under the stars (held at a member’s house) and our communal Chanukah candle-lighting and latke-fest (also held at a member’s home). All of our member families take an active role in helping our congregation come alive with Jewish meaning and warmth. For more than 20 years, we have had a special relationship with the First Congregational Church on Main Street in Southington, where we hold our Shabbat services and many other events. We look forward to getting to know you!
Click the links below to read about our Mission Statement and Statement of Inclusion.
- Click the link to learn about GSJC’s Holocaust Torah
- GSJC has 3 interesting Adult Ed topics scheduled so far for 2023. Please check the Adult Ed page or calendar for the dates and topics.
- Did you know that you can help support GSJC in various ways with no additional cost to you, ex. Buy grocery and other gift cards! A great way to help our congregation. Follow this link to read about how. Thank You!! Support
- Please help Ukraine – click on the link to see ways you can help (donate, attend events).
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If you receive an email from the Rabbi saying ‘email me back’ and then asking for money, do NOT respond it is a scam. Please let the Rabbi know if you do. It isn’t coming from her email address.
- Please use the link below to an article from Union for Reform Judaism to learn about ways we can act now for racial justice.