Gishrei Shalom Jewish Congregation meets in the First Congregational Church located at 37 Main Street, Southington, CT, across from the town green and next to the Southington Town Hall.
Directions from Hartford, Plainville, Farmington, Avon, Wolcott, Waterbury, Watertown and central Connecticut:
- From I-84 East: take Exit 32; turn left off exit onto Route 10/Queen Street
- From I-84 West; take Exit 32; turn right off exit onto Route 10/Queen Street
- Continue straight/south on Route 10 (becomes North Main Street and then Main Street) for 2.1 miles
- Pass Friendly’s Restaurant on right
- Pass Stop & Shop on left
- At the Della Vecchia Funeral Home, it is 3 lights to church
- Optional: At the thrid light, just before the Southington town green, turn either left or right for parking (see below)
- The church will be on the left
Directions from Plantsville, Cheshire, Kensington, Meriden and points south:
- From I-691 East: take Exit 3, turn left off exit onto Route 10/Highland Road
- From I-691 West: take Exit 3, turn right off exit onto Route 10/Highland Road
- At the fork, go left on Route 10 north (the road name changes to Cheshire Road, Norton Street and then South Main Street)
- At the light in the center of Plantsville, turn right onto Route 10 north/Main Street
- Go about 1/2 mile, passing CVS, turn left to continue on Route 10 north/Main Street
- Go about 1/2 mile, passing the Southington Post Office and Town Hall on the right
- The church will be on the right, opposite the Southington town green
- Optional: At the light just past the church, turn either left or right for parking (see below)
There is a small parking lot on church property in front of Memorial Hall which includes handicapped spaces.
The municipal lot next to the church can be accessed by turning at the light north of the church onto Riccio Way.
The municipal lot across the green can be accessed by turning at the light north of the church onto Center Street, taking a quick left onto Center Court and then right into the lot after the bank.
Parking is also available on the street — watch the signs.
Those with mobility issues can use the Memorial Hall entrance at the ground level. The elevator is straight ahead; take it to the first floor for easy access to the chapel and meetinghouse.